BackTrack v.2.0 Final Released!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
It has been almost 5 months much hard work, but BackTrack v.2.0 has been released from beta, and given "Final" status!
Every time we thought we were done, a new idea or improvement would surface, and we just *had* to implement it. Many features were added, and many of the old (yet persistent) bugs were fixed.Check out what's new:
We honestly believe that BackTrack v 2.0 Final is the leanest, meanest and sexiest version to come out and hope that you enjoy using it as much as we did making it.
- Wireless Attacks @ their best
- We included a bunch of new drivers into the latest release and where able to make the desired packet injection functionalities to a wider audience.
- Broadcom 43xx based cards should be able to inject - a bit sloppy but should work.
- The following drivers are now on our CD:
- madwifi-ng (Patched for Injection)
- hostap (Patched for Injection)
- prism54 (Patched for Injection)
- bcm43xx (Patched for Injection)
- rtl8180 & rtl8187 (Patched for Injection)
- ipw2200 (Patched for Injection)
- rt2570 (ASPj's Drivers)
- rt2500, rt61, & rt73
- ipw2100 & ipw3945
- Most of our Main-menu entries have a grouping "All" menu, which allows the experienced user to quickly find a tool.
- Less experienced users are guided through the new menu structure to find the right tools for the right tasks.
- Being superior while staying easy to use is key to a good security live cd. We took things a step further and aligned BackTrack to Penetration Testing Methodologies and Assessment Frameworks (ISSAF and OSSTMM). This will help our professional users during their daily reporting nightmares.
- We put extra effort in integrating Metasploit Framework3 as well as the Stable Metasploit Framework2. Features such as db_autopwn, Wifi driver exploits etc are all functional.
- Default password lists and online resources have been added and updated.
- Packages are now based on the Slax 6 LZM format, which allowed use to get more space and work in a more stable environment
- We are running on a tweaked Kernel 2.6.20
- Apple patches are applied
- Broad Wireless Card Support
- Lorcon Wifi / Metasploit integration
- Wireshark Wifi Frame Injection patch
- Over 300 updated security tools
Faster @ Work
Alignment to Open Standards and Frameworks
Cutting Edge Exploitation Framework & Information